Remove this ad

tim prasil

rookie

Lead

Jan 10 14 6:59 PM

Tags : :

One of the many things I really like about The Whitechapel Demon are the nods to earlier events, such as an apparent romance (maybe?) between St. Cyprian and Roberta Wilde.  There's also an intriguing nod to the story of Arkady Cottonwood, who had the seemingly "backward" habit of feeding people to a corn field.

Are any of these events covered in earlier St. Cyprian tales?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jmreynolds

rookie

#1 [url]

Jan 11 14 8:33 AM

tim prasil wrote:
One of the many things I really like about The Whitechapel Demon are the nods to earlier events, such as an apparent romance (maybe?) between St. Cyprian and Roberta Wilde.  There's also an intriguing nod to the story of Arkady Cottonwood, who had the seemingly "backward" habit of feeding people to a corn field.

Are any of these events covered in earlier St. Cyprian tales?

The relationship between Bobbie Wilde and St. Cyprian hasn't been covered yet, in any real detail, but as she'll be a fairly regular part of the supporting cast for the novels, I hope to do so. In fact, Bobbie Wilde is only the tip of St. Cyprian's relationship iceberg, which is of practically Wodehousian proportions. They have a club, which will make a brief appearance in an upcoming story, if all goes right. 

Cottonwood, however, is a more interesting case. Both he and his corn field appear in a short story of mine called "Corn Wolf", which was published several years ago. And Cottonwood's book, as well as quotes attributed to him, have been popping up in those short stories of mine set in Jackapo County, South Carolina. 

"Saving Wolverhampton from werewolves and Somerset from satyrs since 1600"--The Adventures of the Royal Occultist: royaloccultist.wordpress.com/

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help