Remove this ad

borachon

novice

Lead

Jun 7 13 11:25 AM

Tags : :

You can check out my latest blog for Amazing Stories here .

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

stevengepp

novice

#3 [url]

Jun 13 13 9:42 PM

Hi John,

Yep, just over the Internet.

Even the books my stories have appeared in have come from amazon.com or bookdepository.co.uk (much better for Aussies because they don't charge postage).

But we also have multi-region DVD players in Australia where I don't think many other countries do, so getting a DVD from the USA doesn't mean we can't watch it.

As to finding things, I rely on people who's opinions I trust and have a look from there. We don't even hear about most stuff down here. That's the problem when most of our media is run and owned by Rupert Murdoch or people who want to be Rupert Murdoch. [/rant]

Cheers,
Steven

Quote    Reply   

borachon

novice

#4 [url]

Jun 14 13 11:32 AM

There's a lot of that going on around here. Rupert Murdoch has bought and continues to buy Cable TV networks, movie studios, publishing houses and newpsapers. Seems to be unstoppable and meanwhile TV news here in general is sinking to his level of tabloid journalism and celebrity hounding. When Dennis Potter the brilliant writer of The Singing Detective and Pennies from Heaven  was dying of cancer he said in an interview:

"I call my cancer Rupert, so I can get close to it. Because that man, Murdoch, is the one who, if I had the time (I've got too much writing to do...) I would shoot the bugger if I could. There is no one person more responsible for the pollution of what was already a fairly polluted press. And the pollution of the British press is an important part of the pollution of British political life, and it's an important part of the cynicism and misperception of our own realities that is destroying so much of our political discourse."

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help