Remove this ad

miles

regular

Lead

Jun 2 13 9:30 PM

Tags : :

OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS:

Sometimes one of us possesses power and ability greater than others. When we use these for the greater good, we become heroes. But it is not easy to be different, to carry the responsibility that comes with the power or to bear the burden of what else might come with it - weakness, vulnerability and the other things that must remain hidden for the power to survive... 

And survive that power must, because the others are out there, lurking in the shadows. With mighty powers of their own and a thirst for mayhem, destruction, or blood, they cannot be stopped by the common man.

Only by you. 

Protect your identity. Guard your weaknesses. Use the powers that only you have to fight the creatures and forces of evil as they prey upon humanity.

THE GOOD FIGHT is looking for these stories. Give us a traditional superhero, a giant fighting robot, or a child with a link to the 'other side'. Let them protect the world against monsters large and small, inhuman or a human so subverted by evil that they are no longer one of us. 

Make the fights spectacular. Make us cringe for the hero and want to fight the villain ourselves. But most of all, give great consideration as to whether or not the power that the hero holds is enough, because sometimes it isn't...

Reading Period: Open Until Filled with a 30 day notice of closing.
Word Count: 2,000 to 10,000 words
Payment: $25 per story
Files Accepted: Doc, Docx, RTF 
No Multi-Subs or Sim-Subs
Genres: Fiction, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy. Stories may set in the past, present or future.

SUBMIT HERE: https://embypress.submittable.com/submit

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jennifer l barnes

novice

#1 [url]

Jun 5 13 12:39 AM

It doesn't help that I just marathoned all of Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited on Netflix. 

I've got a Superhero idea in my head.

Question, since you've read the serial, would a Forest/Law Unto Herself centric story work if the Superhero idea thing doesn't pan out?

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#2 [url]

Jun 5 13 7:57 AM

I'm going to discuss in detail what I'm looking for in a couple of weeks. But for now, I will say that a clearly defined superhero is a must - it can be a human or a monster, but the character(s) that are the heroes MUST face true challenges, be they physical, moral, or emotional. I'll be looking for the traits that make heroes great, such as alienation from society, lack of understanding from society, anguish caused by events out of there control and strong motivations for what they do. Superpowers are up to the author - you can do the brilliant billionaire that depends on science and technology or have your hero bitten by a creature and adopt their characteristics. 

I'll have more very soon when this officially opens.

Quote    Reply   

dperlmutter

novice

#3 [url]

Jun 6 13 9:44 AM

I have a number of characters for which this would work. I hope this becomes an ongoing project.
Please let me know when the submission guidelines are posted and a link set up.
David Perlmutter

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#4 [url]

Jun 6 13 7:16 PM

Sounds promising and the cover looks fantastic.  I've been a comic book superhero fan for 38 years even if not reading them as often during the last decade.  I've written some comic book hero tales in the last few years, so there could be a suitable story idea yet unwritten involving those characters.

Quote    Reply   

garybuettner

novice

#6 [url]

Sep 30 13 8:14 PM

I wrote 24 pages of a story for this only to realize last night that it is unduly influenced (ripped off) of a novel that I read a synopsis for (and the first two pages of) on Amazon.com. I'm salvaging what I can and moving on to a newer (more better) story.

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#8 [url]

Nov 15 13 1:14 PM

I'm working on something to submit for this, a story with two aliens as the monsters, but one mistaken for a threat by the superheroes at first. It's only a rough draft right now, but will be revised (and thankfully is only 8,600 words at present).

Quote    Reply   

JohnAMcColley

rookie

#9 [url]

Nov 21 13 5:16 PM

How do you feel about previously existing (but original, completely mine) characters? I recently sold a 'steampunk superhero' story and would like to investigate that world and its characters more.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

miles

regular

#10 [url]

Nov 22 13 12:50 PM

Hi John,

I'm all for it! You'll find many characters from the monster hunter books featured in works from other presses, and I'm also happy to promote a character when a new story comes out,regardless of press. Exploration on.

MIles

Quote    Reply   

Charles Phipps

novice

#12 [url]

Dec 1 13 8:02 PM

A couple of fun questions

A couple of questions....

1. Could we do an Agents of SHIELD style mission? Or do you want pure superheroes?

2. Is it possible to do one from a villain's perspective?

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#13 [url]

Dec 1 13 9:03 PM

I would love to see an Agents of SHIELD style mission and you are welcome to write from the villain's perspective. I'm open to all sorts of interpretations of this theme and the only "must" is that we are dealing with subject matter that includes super heroes (be it the straight forward approach or a different angle) fighting monsters. Any variation is welcome!

Quote    Reply   

cwrussette.libraryoftheliv...

rookie

#15 [url]

Jan 12 14 8:49 PM

Oh Yeah

I was kind of worried that I had missed this one. Been sitting on an idea for a few months.

Miles, any issues with a Public Domain Hero that I have renamed and resculpted for the modern era?

Can't wait for this one.

...savour the moments when the words catch fire. Jonathan Stroud

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help