Remove this ad

jennifer l barnes

novice

Lead

Mar 9 13 2:17 PM

Tags : :

Serialized fiction is alive and apparently doing pretty well at https://www.jukepopserials.com/.  The site is really cool, there's a good range of content to choose from, including one hilarious Sentai (Think Power Rangers) story on there as well.  There's horror, sci-fi, romance, and everything you can think of.

They pay by the word for the first installment of up to 5,000 words (basically it's 5,000 words for $100.00).  Then after that you have a chance to earn even more money by awards.  See the way it's set up is that there's a place to vote for the story after each chapter.  The more votes an author garnishes, the more in paid rewards they can earn.

I was lucky enough to get chosen for a serial myself.

If you love Urban Fantasy (without romance), 80's action movies, strong heroines wielding huge guns then this story is for you.

The Law Unto Herself Chronicles stars Forest, a vampire who's just a bit too good for her own good.  Armed with an absurdly large hand gun, a love for pop culture, and a smart mouth she fights the Forces of Evil.  And drives a really bitching car. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jennifer l barnes

novice

#4 [url]

May 20 13 9:18 PM

Chapters two and three have been added since I posted it here. 

Unfortunately they couldn't keep up the $100.00 for 5,000 word momentum for long.  Now it's $0.02 a word for the first 3,500 words and then you earn your rewards after that.  Still, that's not a bad haul.

And they give perks for authors who refer people to Jukepop Serials and are accepted.  So, if you do submit a serial and get accepted, tell them that Jennifer L. Barnes sent you.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#7 [url]

May 21 13 10:09 AM

That one works!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dperlmutter

novice

#10 [url]

May 30 13 12:29 PM

Jukebox published my short story, "Y.I.P.", when no one else would. The trouble is, I can't figure out how to keep it going into a full length book project, which I think was what they wanted. If any of you read it and can figure out something I can do with the characters, let me know at dperlmutter@mymts.net  

David Perlmutter

Quote    Reply   

jennifer l barnes

novice

#11 [url]

Jun 23 13 11:57 PM

Hey David, could you provide a link for the story?

That could help out a lot.

Also, Chapter Four of "The Law Unto Herself Chronicles" went live tonight, and well, Forest needs a hand.

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#12 [url]

Jun 24 13 12:13 AM

Interesting online publication angle you've mentioned there.  I might be looking into this for one of my unpublished novels (I assume they don't want already self-published novels the author retains rights to republish or excerpt anywhere) once said novel gets polished a bit more.  Once upon a time some famous classics of today were serialized, so maybe this is a good thing.

Quote    Reply   

williamrdwood

novice

#14 [url]

Sep 6 13 12:32 PM

Thanks for the info, Jennifer. I'm four chapters into my own serial, Zulu Time, and charging ahead!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help