Remove this ad

johnxgrey

novice

#21 [url]

Jun 2 13 5:35 PM

Oh, so we can submit a continuing story for this three-part project (no guarantee everyone will make it into all three or any of them of course).  I'll need to rethink what I had in mind for Doomsday because my original idea (working title: "The Omega Solution: A Zombie Apocalypse Tale") was more about a resolution to the zombie apocalypse in question (first triggered by an unnamed foreign nation's secret bioweapon program hidden behind their alleged nuclear weapon program).  It would feature an older monster hunter Jack Pike (from "Knocking them Dead") in his 50s around 2033 with new allies and possibly a few older ones holding out some surviving military personnel inside a hardened secret base complex built somewhere under the Las Vegas Strip as the last US armed services command post still operating.  The story in which his team must go to another location and find the activation codes for a special killer satellite system that could neutralized all the zombies after fighting their way to get those through Vegas' dead infested streets would probably play better in the final volume.  On the bright side, I could develop more of the earlier story parts into separate installments leading to the conclusion.  All in all, this whole project sounds interesting and challenging - hope I'm up to it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

johnxgrey

novice

#24 [url]

Jun 6 13 7:12 PM

"The World turned Upside-Down" shrank in the first revision from 8,200 words to 7,800 and at the present ends on the zombies cornering Pike's Protective Solutions LLC team inside a pop singer's mansion where their company had been upgrading its security in 2032 southwest Las Vegas.  It looks as if the continuing story will have them meeting up with some surviving military personnel in their secret hidden command center beneath the Vegas Strip in a world dominated numerically by the dead and conclude with an effort to try destroying the zombie hordes with neutron radiation.  I suppose someday those three stories (if all successfully completed) could form the basis for a larger novella.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#27 [url]

Sep 16 13 3:14 PM

Submissions are now closed. I will be reading the newly sent stories and announce the TOC on Sunday the 29th.

Thank you to all of the authors who have submitted!

MIles

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

miles

regular

#30 [url]

Sep 29 13 9:05 PM

MONSTER HUNTER - DOOMSDAY
(Order subject to change)

1. The Mercury Cascade by Paul D. Hayes
2. The Trials of Blood by Robert Cristante
3. The Deadly Toy by Tom Howard
4. Allies of Convenience by Donald Jacob Uitvlugt
5. Besta Preto by Tim Jeffreys
6. Hardy by Jason Lairamore
7. The Sin that Slew the World by James Fadeley
8. Vengeance is 9 by Joyce Frohn
9. Zombies and Other Ways to Break Your Heat by Erika Dusen Tamindzija
10. Source by Benjamin T. Smith
11. The World Turned Upside-Down by John X. Grey
12. Flight of the Bumble-Beelzebubs by William R.D. Wood
13. Dark Halo by Miles Boothe
14. Gamma Squadron's Last Mission by Charles Phipps
15. Silver Tide by Jonathan Ward
16. Shadows by Patrick Van Slyke
17. From Space It Came by Scott M. Baker
18. At the Gates by David Dunwoody
19. Mr. Toad vs. Dracula by Gareth Barsby

Last Edited By: miles Oct 17 13 7:53 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

RobertC

rookie

#31 [url]

Oct 16 13 11:01 PM

MONSTER HUNTER - DOOMSDAY

Hi all,

I had to change from my old sign in profile to Lefora to a new profile because Lefora did not recognize the old profile. Anyway I use to be Robert with the green neon death picture. Well now, I am happy to show you all, my photo of me, since I was accepted in this anthology.  My story is No.2 and I hope Miles got my email. I hope he can fix it here as well. Of course with all the excitement, I only noticed it today, here on the forum.

For those who are with me, I would like to congratulate you all in getting into this exquisite anthology. I know a few of you personally or by your names and I hope to call you my writer friends. image

Oh, I want to do the image dance, for the great titles.

Cheers,

Robert Cristante

Please visit my website Robert Cristante and my review blog Robert Cristante's Review

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#32 [url]

Oct 17 13 7:56 PM

I've corrected the spelling and please accept my sincere apology for letting that slip through. Spell-check might be the undoing of us all!

Welcome to DOOMSDAY!

Quote    Reply   

Charles Phipps

novice

#34 [url]

Mar 2 14 2:17 AM

I can't wait to buy a copy of this in physical form!

All these look good!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help