Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

miles

regular

#3 [url]

Mar 5 13 9:53 PM

Well, it goes a little somethin' like this:

"The outbreak spread faster than anyone could have imagined. By the time we realized the true extent of the threat, the only choice left was to hit back with everything we had - to go for broke..."

Be it a zombie apocalypse. a vampire uprising or an alien invasion, there does come a time when no option is "off the table". This anthology is about those stories.

Give us a giant un-stoppable monster, or a demonic cult that has been building secretly for decades; a lycanthropic epidemic or a xeno-morph infestation. And answer it with a full military response.

As Blood Trails will document the intense emotional connection between characters, DOOMSDAY is your chance to cut loose and fill a story full of miniguns, drones and if necessary, nukes (it is the only way to be sure). Let action be your inspiration - picture this as if it were a script for an 80's blockbuster.

As with Blood Trails, DOOMSDAY marks the first volume of a trilogy, so you may tell a single story, or you may build a world in which a three story arc can take place.

In addition to the payment listed ($25 per story) each author accepted will receive a patch, just like the one shown in the picture above.

Deadline for stories is 10/15/13. Let the chaos and mayhem begin. 

Quote    Reply   

dev

rookie

#7 [url]

Mar 7 13 7:47 AM

Miles, the guidelines say DOOMSDAY is the first volume of a trilogy.  Do you have the themes of the other two mapped out yet (so that we might plan those potential three-story arcs)?

And, yes, the covers look great!

Thanks,
Dev

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#8 [url]

Mar 7 13 9:13 AM

This is subject to change and tweaking, but as of now the trilogy will be:

LOTMH 7 - DOOMSDAY - Pull out all the stops response to the monsters. 

LOTMH 8 - WASTELAND - Repercussions of that response on man and monsters (what the world looks like after Skynet, etc.)

LOTMH 9 - EPITAPHS - Comparison of what used to be vs. the "new reality". What is life like after discovering that zombies, etc. are real?

Quote    Reply   

pnorris

rookie

#9 [url]

Mar 8 13 5:21 PM

Oh man, Oh man, I've had something that fits bubbling away for a while now. This give the reason to buckle down and get it done.

Time to lock and load (which isn't the title by the way, but anyone wants it feel free).

To have an idea is not enough - no matter how good the idea is. philnorris63.wordpress.com/ Find me on twitter @pnorris14

Quote    Reply   

garybuettner

novice

#10 [url]

Mar 9 13 8:59 AM

Uh, wow.  I may have to buy some new notebooks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

robert

rookie

#11 [url]

Mar 9 13 9:14 PM

Well indeed a beautiful and delicious cover, mm. I feel hungry for some monster hunting... Seriously though, I hope to send you a good and edited story. I just have to cross everything to produce a story that you like. I'm going to mention this on my website and if its okay with you Miles.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#12 [url]

Mar 10 13 8:28 AM

Any and all mentions are appreciated! 

And, I really can't wait to start reading stories again! It's been waaayyyy too long!

Quote    Reply   

salty

rookie

#13 [url]

Mar 24 13 9:55 AM

Quick question - the guidelines say no fantasy but will you be accepting fantasy if it's suitably dark and/or has horror elements? For instance I consider vampires and zombies to be on the fantasy end of the horror spectrum.

Cheers.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#14 [url]

Mar 24 13 11:04 AM

Hi Salty,

By Fantasy, I mean traditional sword & sorcery. Urban Fantasy is absolutely fine.

On a side note, I have spoken with several sword & sorcery authors who are interested in a Fantasy themed monster hunting anthology, so that might just be comin' down the pike.

Miles 

Quote    Reply   

dperlmutter

novice

#19 [url]

Jun 2 13 9:48 AM

Hi Miles:
Another couple of questions:
1) If we are sending a story that arcs over the three anthologies, do we have to give you all three stories at once, or can we send them for each anthology one at a time?
2) The call seems to imply that the armed forces response has to be the good guys. In my planned project, they are the villains. Is that acceptable?
David Perlmutter 

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#20 [url]

Jun 2 13 10:37 AM

You should only send the story for the current volume open for submissions.

And, for DOOMSDAY, I'm just looking for mayhem. Who brings it and how it all turns out is completely up to you! 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help