Remove this ad

dperlmutter

novice

#21 [url]

May 18 13 10:06 AM

Thank you for answering my questions, Miles.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

stevengepp

novice

#23 [url]

May 21 13 7:43 AM

No offence, but I am a little confused as to the actual theme.

I've got a story where a cryptozoologist finds his monster, but the monster ain't happy about his treatment. Is that the sort of thing you want?

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#24 [url]

May 21 13 7:54 AM

That sounds like it's on the right track. Blood Trails is a focus on the intensity between the hunter and hunted, and your cryptozoologist and monster appear to be exploring that.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#26 [url]

May 21 13 8:42 PM

Why so serious? No guarantees before its been read, but you know I like your stuff and now you'rethrowing a cryptid into the mix - that's a bonus in and of itself.

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#27 [url]

May 29 13 10:01 PM

I finished a rough draft story for this anthology today (working title "The Vampire Hunter's Last Temptation") but at 7,300 words it's a bit too long.  After a few revisions the length should shrink somewhat and it might be ready for submission next month.

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#28 [url]

May 30 13 11:38 PM

"The Vampire Hunter's Last Temptation" is down to 6,900 words after the first revision, but I'm not sure if I can reduce it too much further and keep the story interesting.  I'll go through the manuscript at least two more times to check about that and see if I can drop down to the 6,000 word maximum length.

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#29 [url]

Jun 2 13 5:22 PM

I finally reduced "The Vampire Hunter's Last Temptation" to 6,000 words today and I think the final result is better now being 1,300 words leaner from the rough draft version. Regardless of the outcome for that submission, I hope to write more Jack Petrov stories for submission to Emby Press' Monster Hunter books.

For the future volume Revolver, I had in mind a story set around summer 1967 prior to events of an unwritten Petrov novel entitled Summer of Blood.  It involves a mini zombie outbreak in the midst of Gotham's urban riot and the cause behind that chaos would indirectly be the master vampire Jack faces in the novel.  For One of Us has to Die, I had a story pitting the 1935 vampire hunter against his former best friend, a police detective left half-dead by one energy draining vampire three years earlier in the unwritten novel The Life Eater.  The undead Dennis Dooley comes back to Gotham for settling his unfinished life's matters and threatening Jack's new girlfriend Phyllis after killing his own widow Genevieve and other locals by a life-draining touch, forcing the vampire hunter into the showdown where only one of them can walk away.  I guess these can wait a while until the books are open for submissions of course.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#30 [url]

Jun 2 13 8:20 PM

You know I dig the Petrov stories. Revolver will open for subs Winter '14 and One Of US Has To Die will open at the end of '14.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tricia

rookie

#32 [url]

Jun 30 13 9:17 PM

Hi Miles, I have a question, please. Can hunter also be a monster? A monster hunting a monster kind of thing.. Thanx.

Vampire Poet and Dark Scribbler

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#33 [url]

Jul 1 13 6:26 AM

Hi Tricia,

That's a question I have been asked many times and I can tell you that I like the dynamic between a human hunter and a monster, but I'm open to reading something different as long as it displays depth of character and an intensity between the hunter and the hunted.

I'm also happy to look at outlines or synopsis to let you know if the story is a fit - I check the forum every day, so messaging me here is fine.

Quote    Reply   

johnxgrey

novice

#34 [url]

Jul 9 13 9:42 AM

Miles, if you have any reason to contact me about my submission to this anthology or Monster Hunter: Doomsday, please e-mail my alternate e-mail address (johnxgrey@yahoo.com).  I cannot access my Road Runner e-mail account because of a password problem (it won't take my password and I need to get this sorted out with Time Warner Cable).  My Acer laptop computer effectively died on Friday after a Windows 7 failure to run the software properly became a damaged hard drive fatal error issue that won't allow me to start up the computer (and I cannot afford the $165 repair needed to get the laptop back to normal operations).  I hope those stories I sent to Emby Press are still there because I cannot access them on my laptop and didn't save copies to the older desktop I've had to start using again just to get online and anything else.  Sadly the story I'd intended sending to The Dark Monocole is also temporarily unavailable on the laptop's hard drive, but I'd already realized it was unsuitable as a monster hunting story (the only monsters were two aliens and two androids that barely appear in the story - the main villains being future humans trying to prevent their time from being invaded by the aliens).  It was a darn good steampunk story though and would make a fine TV pilot if written in screenplay format.

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#35 [url]

Jul 9 13 10:31 AM

No worries - I've got them. And I'll be responding zoo, so I'll use the new address. Sorry to hear about the computer troubles - that's the worst!

Quote    Reply   

miles

regular

#38 [url]

Jul 25 13 6:54 PM

I'm working through the submissions as we speak.

My apology for taking longer than the month advertised - I am swamped with submissions, which I am thankful for. I am also looking into cloning myself so that I can work faster! heh

Quote    Reply   

Charles Phipps

novice

#40 [url]

Dec 17 13 2:36 PM

Heya,

Awesome book and I can't wait to buy it.

Do you have a projected release date for 2014?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help